Be a Pocket Partner!
Are you obsessed with social media? We’re seeking highly talented freelancers to join us. If selected, you have the opportunity to receive first notice of remote project opportunities under My Pocket Partner.
Social Media Assistant
At My Pocket Partner, you will work closely with the social media manager to create engaging content for our clients. Using the social media skills you already know, you will improve on them and seek out new social media tactics to optimize our clients’ growth.
As we continue to scale, we are recruiting team members who share our core values, know how to get things done remotely, and would add to our entrepreneurial, creative culture.
• 1+ years experience in social media
• Excellent knowledge of social media platforms including Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn, and other relevant platforms
• Creative content experience (graphic design, copywriting, basic video editing, etc.)
• Eagerness to learn about new updates, platforms, innovations, and software related to social media
• Analytical skills
• Excellent time management skills
• Fantastic problem-solving skills when facing technical and customer service issues on social media
• Computer and technical skills; Google Docs/Microsoft Office experience, Any Social Media Scheduling Platform (Hootsuite, Later, SkedSocial, etc.)
• Work as part of a team to develop social media campaign and propose new ideas for social media content
• Generate dynamic written, graphic, and video content that promotes audience interaction, increase audience presence on company sites, and encourages audience participation for social media platforms
• Manage social media calendar and schedule posts across platforms
• Use timelines and scheduled content to create a consistent stream of new content for audience interaction while analysing, managing, and altering schedules when necessary
• Optimize content following search engine optimization (SEO) and pay-per-click (PPC)
• Manage and engage with social media communities
• Prepare insightful reports on social media campaigns based on analytics
• Understand markets, competition, customers, and client growth requirements in depth
• Work collaboratively with other Social Media Interns, Assistants, and Managers to execute large projects and fulfill client deliverables
Social Media Manager
As a Social Media Manager, you’ll be leading our social media team by representing our values. You LOVE social media as much as we do and dedicate a good portion of your life to learning about and adapting to the fast-changing world of social media and marketing.
To be successful in this role, you should possess a wealth of pertinent marketing experience outside of just social media. Additionally, you need to be a team player, eager to get your hands dirty when needed to help carry and support your team.
• 3+ years proven work experience as a Social Media Manager
• Experience in Facebook, Instagram, and LinkedIn Ads with copywriting skill
• Expert knowledge in at least 3 social media platforms including Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn, and other relevant platforms
• General knowledge of SEO, Keyword Research, and Google Analytics
• Strong understanding of social media and marketing strategy, target audiences, engagement, and how to effortlessly utilize these concepts to create unique social media campaigns
• Solid creative content experience (graphic design, writing & proofreading, video editing, etc.)
• Excellent communication skills
• Excellent analytical and multitasking skills
• Project management experience (You'll be juggling multiple accounts!)
• Design social media strategies for the client to align with business goals
• Suggest and implement new features to develop brand awareness, like promotions and competitions
• Work closely with the marketing team, sales, and customer service to develop social media campaigns that help achieve their goals
• Set specific objectives and report an ROI
• Lead and supervise the social media team to execute all client deliverables including content creation, management, scheduling, engagement, analysis, and others
• Oversee and monitor clients’ social media accounts
• Provide monthly analytics reports and recommendations
• Staying up-to-date on emerging social media trends, current technologies, and performing research on current benchmark trends and audience preferences
• Analyze the long-term needs of clients’ social media strategy and offer quarterly reports to the management and executive teams that outline any necessary changes to the digital marketing plan
Online Business Manager
You will oversee our team and successfully handle all client-facing responsibilities. The best candidates are not only data-driven but also love creative storytelling and have a keen eye for good design, writing, and communication. You understand how all these competencies play a role in great marketing and social media, and can easily give recommendations on how to support and improve existing systems and processes. Also, you will have guidance and support from both founders every step of the way!
• Handling 5+ client accounts
• Onboarding new clients
• Managing a team of 3-5 contractors
• Oversee timely completion of all client deliverables
• Executing revisions of deliverables based on client feedback; if any
• Responding to client interactions; emails and/or video calls
• Track performance data of our team and the business to suggest or help create/implement improvements
• Graphic Design - A keen understanding of creating social media content that is aesthetically in line with the brand and messaging of a company or client.
• Copywriting - Expert knowledge of the English language including grammar and editing. You should know how to create effective, human copy that resonates with various target audiences.
• Social Media Management - Experience in successfully managing 10 or more social media platforms is a must. Business Management - Ability to understand staff workflows and proper workload management of a team of 5 or more contractors.
• Time Management - Success with our business relies heavily on punctuality! As you will be required to oversee the team and any revisions, as a part of My Pocket Partner, this is key to our success.
• Must live in the US (East Coast preferred!)
• At least 2-3 years of experience in marketing and social media
• At least 2-3 years of experience in design
• At least 1 year in project management